Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Minny Apple

Wow, time really flys by when you aren't blogging lol!  To my few fans out there I am sorry, I am getting as bad as Jenn Gowett on this thing! Kidding Jenn, love you!



I'm in Minnesota! In case you couldn't tell from the title of my blog entry...ummm or this picture!  It's actually a very big trip.  Tomorrow my girl arrives to spend a few days chilling with my family and seeing some friends including a wedding of one of my favorite people Molly Olson!  First, time since moving to NY that I brought a girl home to meet the folks.  I think this makes #3 that will have even met my parents period so its a big deal.

I am mostly excited to be able to show her around Minneapolis while the weather is nice.  We have several stops on tap...Matt's for Juicy Lucy's...Chino Latino for some Coconut Curry Shirmp and Smores...maybe a stop at the Falls (assuming the Latino Kings aren't hanging out there)...Lake Calhoun/Nokomis and the other 9,998 lakes in the state...and of course a trip to the Dakota County Fair to watch the Demolition Derby Saturday night!  Lots of fun to be had and soooooo many places to try and see...no way we will get even 25% of them in this trip but I am hopeful there might be plenty more trips in the future (preferably in the summer). 

Sharlay doesn't arrive until tomorrow afternoon and I cannot wait to see her.  We are having dinner with my parents in Farmington tomorrow.  Everyone on both sides is very anxious lol.  However, tonight I am going to the Red Sox game (vs Twins) with Staci White and Lindsay Willis.  Lindsay will be bringing me my SECOND starbucks gift card that I have earned via the Red Sox beating up the Twins twice this season.  Should be a good time!

Tomorrow morning I am going to squeeze in a round of 18 with Greg Delo before I speed off to pick up Sharlay from the airport.  More stories from Minnesota to come and of course I need to back up and spend time getting you up to speed on Sharlay including our awesome date dancing on the Pier at sunset and listening to a personalized custom playlist on my iPod for her...there were tears :)

Until later!!
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment